Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Five down, two to go

Another semester over. I'm back at home, and I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I get to be near the fam, eat food that won't make me sick, lose the incredibly pronounced accent I've picked up over the last few months, and on the other hand I get to spend 8+ hours a day in a department store, putting up with Christmas carols and annoying people, and I'm really gonna miss all my intro class and Saturday morning people. I already miss my friends. At least I got to spend some quality time with them before I left. Feeding marshmallows to ducks (it's hilarious-- try it sometime), chasing those same ducks around the park, sitting on the side of a country road in a car with a flat tire, watching Sex in the City and then having a minor nervous breakdown during the commercials (I don't wanna go home! I'm not ready to tell my mom that I'm converting!)... these are the moments I live for. Well, maybe not the nervous breakdown. I so could have done without that.

1 comment:

Leah in Chicago said...

If you are really nervous about telling your family that you are converting, then I wouldn't suggest doing it over Christmas break.

The holiday is far too loaded for that. Granted, I did tell my dad on Christmas, but my family was abnormally supportive.

Wait until it feels right or at least feels better.