Friday, November 17, 2006

An Evening With Maya Angelou

The fact that someone that famous would bother to even come to this part of the state, and then to my craptastic little college is nothing short of a miracle. Never in my life have I seen so many people on campus. The auditorium can hold more people than this town has citizens, and every single seat was full. My first thought when Ms. Angelou took the stage was "Oh, she's so small!" I was expecting her to be almost larger than life. And then she started speaking. She talked about her life, read some poetry, made us laugh, made some of us cry, all in the span of an hour and a half. I only wish that she could have gone on talking all night.

More information about the event here and here

1 comment:

Leah in Chicago said...

I saw her speak when I was still in High School. She has the most amazing presence, voice, and memory.

Wow.