Monday, February 12, 2007

Hooray for warmer weather! Even if it isn't going to last. At least I got to go to Asheville without my heavy coat. Downtown Asheville is one of my favorite places because there's always something going on. I was there for three hours yesterday, and I got a bunch of great pictures for my photography class, as well as some chocolate covered espresso beans from Mast. I heart Mast! Not only do they have chocolate espresso beans for a reasonable price, they also have all kinds of cute Life is Good stuff and candy that I remember from my childhood. Gummy Coke bottles anyone?

As if I don't have enough going on in my life already, I'm working on my research proposal for Spring Slam. I've got my topic, it's the same one I presented over the summer to community college faculty from all over the country. Dr. K is of the opinion that it will look good on my CV for grad school, and I'm pretty much up for anything that helps with grad school. These last few months I've really started coming out of my shell. Being the shy, quiet one is getting so old. Speaking up in class is something I used to never do, but just last week Dr. G asked a question and the next thing I know I'm explaining to the class what the pogroms were. Dr. G's jaw dropped, and AK acted like a proud momma. "Look at you steppin' up! And I know where you learned the answer!" I actually learned the answer from Golda Meir's autobiography, not my intro class. Sorry AK.

No comments: