Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I have tricky veins

Today I gave blood for the first time. Not a pleasant experience, but one I plan on doing again someday. I walked into the little clinic they set up in the student union right on time, and one hour, two nurses, three tries (one in the right arm, two in the left), my blood was draining out into the little baggie. And now here I am munching on a brownie with pink and red sprinkles on top, and one of those cute mini cans of ginger ale.


"There's food involved?"
"Yes."
"And all I have to do is let you stick a metal spike* in my arm?"
"Yes."
"Ok!"




Behold my sexy, sexy arm.


*Note: "stick a metal spike in my arm" can be replaced with "sign me up for a credit card with a ridiculously high interest rate" and that little set of quotes up there loses none of its meaning.

No comments: